ABA Toronto offers a comprehensive range of treatments and client services for children, youth, and certain adults with developmental delays, autism spectrum disorder, or other learning disabilities. Our treatment programs include assessments, individual therapy, group therapy, home programming, parent education, and family resources. Our professional staffs works closely with all of our clients in order to help them achieve their full potential.
The therapy we provide is based on the principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA), which focuses on teaching new skills and modifying existing behaviours based on the relationships between observable behaviour and environmental context. We offer the following kinds of treatment:
- Social Skills
- Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) Services
- Occupational Therapy (OT)/Physical Therapy (PT) Services
- The child receives structured, therapeutic activities for at least 25 hours per week.
- Highly trained therapists and/or teachers deliver the intervention. Well-trained paraprofessionals may assist with the intervention under the supervision of an experienced professional with expertise in autism therapy.
- The therapy is guided by specific and well-defined learning objectives, and the child’s progress in meeting these objectives is regularly evaluated and recorded.
- The intervention focuses on the core areas affected by autism. These include social skills, language and communication, imitation, play skills, daily living and motor skills.
- The program provides the child with opportunities to interact with typically developing peers.
- The program actively engages parents in the intervention, both in decision making and the delivery of treatment.
- The therapists make clear their respect for the unique needs, values and perspectives of the child and his or her family.
- The program involves a multidisciplinary team that includes, as needed, a physician, speech-language pathologist and occupational therapist.